Sunday, July 27, 2008

i think i'll dream of mario tonight

July has never been a busy month. Not for me anyway. So I'm a bit relieved that it's almost over. Well, relieved and scared actually. But let me dwell on the latter some other day.

I couldn't count the number of times in a day I've thought of how long and painfully dragging this month has been. So many things have happened in the past 27 days. Most of which are life-altering, not necessarily bad, but it taught me a thing or two. Might come in handy next time around.

Thinking. I've been doing a lot of it lately, mostly on my free time - Mondays thru Fridays, 8 to 5. Not about work stuff though. Two nights ago I realized that I've become a professional blogger. Ooo wee! I'm being paid to blog. Of course my benefactor (read: employer) doesn't know that yet. But hey, it's not my fault.

Though I'm not one to complain, I do feel guilty. Even if blogging serves me good - it has become my avenue for a lot of things. I've never been more free. And I've never felt more special. It's something that I look forward to every day. It enabled me to strengthen old ties and create new, and hopefully, lasting ones.

And I do feel like I'm a loser for spending this much time online. But at least I'm being productive. Somehow. I do have a life offline, it's just that I choose to immortalize it. Hence, the blog. Who knows? Maybe in 2108 this will count for something. You know how some people think that they're meant for greater things? Well, I'm one of those people. Don't wince. I'm king here. I get to say to what I want.

And speaking of greater things, I miss New York badly. Whenever I watch Manhattan-based TV shows or look at my photo collection, I'm reminded of how much I want to be there. I know I'm meant to be there - with a high-paying job, and a two-bedroom apartment somewhere along 59th to 96th street.

But right now, I think I'm meant to be in my bed.

*******

POSTSCRIPT. I really hate cough syrups. They make me cough more. And worse, they make me sleepy.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

People who spend a lot of their time online aren't losers, or social lepers. They're explorers of a digital kind. :)

We all have our reasons for blogging. I blog because I don't want my mind to become idle. I blog because I want to hone my writing "skillz." Whatever the reason, though, we blog because we like to blog.

And that's the important thing, right?

N said...

you're being paid to blog?! Wow! That's awesome and hmnnn (thinking too) kinda
inspiring.

And you're sick again. Bad. Ingat lagi. :-)

MakMak said...

@thesunbakedking: Hmmm. Social lepers. I like that term. LOL. Well yeah, I'm really not referring to everyone when I said I feel like a loser for being online 24/7. It's just an expression, besides only cool people would acknowledge that they're losers. LOL. I think I'm not making any sense right now.

Yep, do what you must do. As long as it doesn't prove harmful to anyone else. Blog till the end. Hehe.

MakMak said...

@white: Yup pero minimum wage lang po eh. Hehehe.

. said...

I try to blog as much as possible, but for some reasons, my drive is not as strong unlike a few months ago. :)

churvah said...

sometimes i do feel like im a LOSER too, for spending much of my time in the net blogging (i have 3 blogs) and bloghopping,plurking and chatting..i don't have a social life anymore..and i got to interact with "online friends" only.

Blogging makes me happy and relaxed,its my sanctuary,its where i can be me,and no one will tell me what to do or not..and its flattering when sum1 can relate in any of my entries,and so i don't care if I'll be tagged as a LOSER,hahaha!

Sabi nga "Happiness comes when your work and words are of benefit to yourself and others.-Buddha"

My blog may not be beneficial with others at least to myself,hehe! =)

at sana maaaprove na ung isa kong blog for pay per post and spon rev.haha!

shetness ang haba ng comment ko,haha! nag blog na ata ako dito.LOL!

btw,why do u need a cough syrup?
ADIM ka?haha..joke!

pagaling ka,kuya!hahaha!

pahabol:I know I'm meant to be there - with a high-paying job, and a two-bedroom apartment somewhere along 59th to 96th street.

eto lng yan:“Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour.” kaya wait lang,ha?

MakMak said...

@mugen: Onga, there are really days na kahit andami mong gustong isulat parang hindi ka ma-compel na magblog eh.

Siguro ganun talaga. ^^, Di bale babalik din yan.

MakMak said...

@churvah: Una sa lahat, salamat sa naligaw mong blog entry dito. Na-touch naman ako at todo-todo reaction mo sa naisulat ko. LOL.

Okay, tama yung sinabi mo na benepisyo na nakukuha natin sa pagba-blog. Maganda talaga siya at indirectly man, nakaka-tulong yan sa ibang tao. For sure.

Sana nga ma-approve ang payperpost blog mo, kung anu man yun. Kung pagkakakitaan, pwede humingi ng porsiyento? LOL.

Cough syrup kasi may sakit po ako. Ehehehe. ATE. LOL.

And sa pahabol mo: Yup, naniniwala ako doon. Kasi, nung nagsabog ang Diyos ng pasensiya, hindi pa ako pinapanganak. LOL.

Dyuk!