Monday, July 14, 2008

jhenny from dapits

She's coolness personified, even if "Dapits" doesn't sound anywhere near cool.

Anyway, it was over a year ago when I used the exact statement to describe a close friend of mine in my former blog. And I still stand by it but let me add a few more adjectives as we go along.

Striker and I talked about Jhen the other day. We both agreed that she's one of the more fun persons to be with. We came up with an exact description but my memory's failing me right now. But I do believe it's essentially what we meant.

I can't remember how we were first introduced back in my freshman/sophomore years. Although I recall doing cartwheels in my head when I found out that she's planning to take the qualifying examinations for artists of the college paper. I did the same thing when I saw her name included in Songcy Wongcy's roster of passing examinees.

As I've mentioned to Striker, I feel that I'm kindred to Jhen. It's not just because we share the same passion for the whole lot of pop culture, and other eccentricities but we have this deep, unexplainable connection. I'd say it's because we have the perfect chemistry. Should we have met sooner, we'd probably be like Aaliyah and Missy Elliott. She's like my soul sister. I'll let her be Aaliyah as she adores her as I do Mariah. But just an FYI, Kidada Jones is the BFF of Aaliyah however Missy is so much more popular so forgive my analogy.

Jhen's undeniably talented in both art and prose but what makes her really an invaluable asset is that she's a very good team player. Very professional to say the least. I've never heard her complain or whine; she's always calm and collected when everyone else is throwing daggers and paintbrushes in the organization room.

And she's a good conversationalist too. Last time we went out, I lost my speaking voice because we spent the entire night talking about music, Will & Grace, scary monsters, work place politics and the favorite topic over coffee - love. That was months ago. And I miss her company.

It was over a cup of coffee and pretzel approximately four years ago when I realized how Jhen and I are very much alike. And if anyone other than myself would utter those words, it would probably be one of the best compliments that I can ever wish for.

Have I mentioned that she's very pretty? Well, she is.

By the way, this is not a paid entry.

*******

Jhenny has her own blog wherein she posts her artsy fartsy stuff, altogether with very sensible posts mostly about pop culture and her life. Oh, and the awesome new header of OMBD - she made it. Props to you, dawg! Lol. Go check more of her works and revel in her coolness.

4 comments:

atto aryo said...

wow! i've never had a friend write so fondly about me. swerte naman ni Jhen. kainggit... :-)

Juzzie said...

lost your speaking voice over talking.. It really means that you're talking with a wonderful person! hehehe

will and grace, scary monsters and "Love" inside a coffeeshop..
nice nice nice!

MakMak said...

@r-yo: Aw. Hehehe. Jhen's friends are the lucky ones to have someone like her. Naks. :P

Yaan mo, R-Yo, ikaw isunod ko. Lol.

MakMak said...

@juz: Well, I had a slight sore throat to begin with. :P But yeah, it was still a talkathon. ^^,