>> 01:35
Headed straight to the PowerPlant Rustan's grocery to buy the ingredients for the Spaghetti I asked my mom to prepare. The Carbonara I had at Stefano's (GT Tower) was so disappointing that I craved for some real, home-made pasta meal. Anyway, it took me about an hour to get all the items on the list, just in time before the mall closes.
>> 01:50
KC buzzed me over at Yahoo Messenger and we talked about Manolito. Again. Until their dinner arrived via delivery from North Park.
>> 02:02
Settled to post the awesome Uncanny X-Men #500 cover I found earlier. Initially, I wanted to post an excerpt of the shorty story I wrote back in college but as I was typing it I realized that there are a lot of loopholes in the narrative. And eew. I don't even know why the heck I allowed it to be published. But I do love the ending to it - so poetic. Lol.
>> 02:05
Logged off from the net and called it a day.
>> 11:01
Wednesday. Woke up with my left arm seemingly sore (and hurting). I reached for my phone to check for the time. And for stray messages (usually from Globe). Here's a first (literally first time I had this kind of message) - a Happy Araw ng Kagitingan sort of greeting. Smart ass. Lol. I wish I thought of that first. Hehe.
>> 11:30
Got up from my bed to start the day. Headed downstairs to do the whole morning routine - breakfast + morning chat + shower + prepare for work.
>> 12:50
I was already dressed when my mom said that I can probably wear the cool-colored shirt now. So I went up to try if it fits. It does. Somehow.
>> 13:00
Walked to the jeepney terminal and headed off to work. So fucking hot. The original shirt I wore would have felt more comfortable. Damn.
>> 13:25
Arrived at the office. Still doesn't feel like the air-conditioning is on. Started working on the tasks that is due for the day. Which is basically making adjustments in the forecast and tying it up in the system. It took me about thirty minutes and I'm free for the entire day! I love my job! Ahaha. Worked on my last meals and transportation reimbursement which amounted to around PHP 4K. Sadly, it will form part of my last pay which I would probably receive four months from now.
>> 14:20
I told KC that I'll be going out to run some personal errands. On my way out, Mary Ann warned me that it's hot outside and that I should perhaps use an umbrella. As if. All I need is my iPod and I'd totally get lost in my music. All the while forgetting the scorching temperature. And speeding cars along the street parallel to Ayala Avenue (the one behind Standard Chartered), one of which almost hit me. Whew.
>> 15:30
Returned to the office just in time when PaulPaul invited me for lunch. As I just got back, I asked if he could just buy one for me instead. Of course he won't say no. He's my friend. Lol.
>> 16:35
G and Van opted to order at McDonald's. I asked if they could buy me a chicken meal. I don't know why I'm suddenly having this big appetite. After the strict diet I had last week, here I am about to have a full lunch of chicken, pasta, rice and roll. Oh well.
While waiting for them, I started to organize the files (mostly half-used bond papers with doodles, and receipts) on my table and stack them in either the "for shredding" or "for future use".
>> 17:05
PaulPaul arrived with my pasta from Skoozi (RCBC). Shortly thereafter, G came in with my McDonald's chicken meal. Yum! Had lunch while blog hopping. Most blogs I frequent don't have an update yet. Boring. Lol.
>> 17:50
Fucking arm still sore. Badly. Having a hard time moving it.
Realized that the rest of the expense team is still working on the forecast adjustments. Hmm... Is that guilt on my part? Uhm, no.
>> 18:18
Elaine Ko, one of the Golden Girls in HK, sent a "request" for us to do a revision in the forecast of her segment. Something that clearly, she can (and should) do on her own. I volunteered to do it since my teammates are still busy with their own segments. I replied to everyone addressed in the e-mail with: "Done. Bitch." With the last word in white font color.
KC and Pinay laughed at my antic. They said that they'll miss my quips and one liners. KC asked where I get my lines from. I think it's from being overly exposed to both written and visual media that I get to have a knack for composing a witty retort or mixing a pop-culture reference in my response. It's a learned skill. ^^
>> 18:38
IW (short for Indianerong Wafu) texted: "Hey! How are you doing?" As always, same message, same time, every day. After the usual pleasantries I told him: "Isang tanong, isang sagot kang kausap. Ang hirap-hirap maka-buo ng tuloy-tuloy na conversation sa'yo." I don't know why I snapped at him. Probably because I'm getting tired of his routine and it wasn't getting anywhere.
He replied with a lousy, "ok". I wanted to clear this issue with him so I asked if he's content with the way our "conversations" go. And he said, "Yes. I am contended with our talks."
I'm no longer surprised. This is the same person who apologized to me saying "...in all honestly".
Sigh. I still am kind.
>> 19:00
I think I'm going to lose my left arm. T_T
>> 19:40
Finished answering the Exit Interview Questionnaire and Survey files. I wasn't able to clearly express my issues and grievances on the documents but perhaps I could just raise them during the actual exit interview.
>> 20:36
I was browsing Wikipedia when I stumbled on the American Idol Season 7 page and saw their song choices for this week's theme of "Inspirational songs". Love David Archuleta's pick - "Angels" by Robbie Williams. He chose the perfect song. Aw.
>> 20:50
I was listening to "E=MC²" the entire day and as "I Stay In Love" is on its 45th time to be played, I thought of a working title for a song or poem that I want to write - "Right Back Where We Ended". I want to finish this soonest possible.
I really want to try if I could write a song ala Mariah Carey no matter how "gasgas" her lines are. Sometimes cliches make for a good song. I've already tried Jewel's style, it works but I want for my work to be melodic this time.
>> 21:45
Bettina asked if I wanted to order something from Chowking.
I asked if she was kidding.
>> 22:20
The Expense team was supposed to have a meeting (an excuse for a bottle of beer or two) at LKG but G has a class so it was moved to tomorrow.
>> 22:30
I'm already bored so I asked KC if I can leave early. It was my way of saying, "I will go home na ha." ^^ Plus I thought of dropping by Music One so I can pre-order E=MC².
However, as I saw them still doing some last-minute changes in the system I told her that I'll just wait for them. I'm no rush to leave anyway. Masakit lang naman yung kaliwang kamay ko buong araw. Feeling ko hindi ko na magagamit un habang buhay.
>> 22:45
Vandalized PaulPaul's picture on his whiteboard. ^^ Hey, his face already had a tattoo drawn on his cheek (courtesy of Jay, I think). And I only wrote something funny on his CPU and not on his face.
>> 22:55
Left the office with KC and Van. I think KC wanted for us to walk but I was really eager to go home.
>> 23:20
Got home. Found out that someone ate the chichacorn my aunt gave me two days ago. Whatever. I won't be able to eat it anyway as I'm still on a diet. Had biscuits for dinner.
>> 23:40
Nursed my left arm with hot compress, hoping that it would at least alleviate the pain while approving and replying to the comments on my blog. Looked at the picture of the ostrich I took when I was in Palawan.
>> 24:00
Still wanting to write something in the vein of Mariah's "I Stay In Love". Sigh. Anytime's a good time to fall in love.
>> 24:05
Posted this blog entry.
*******
24 Hours and 5 Minutes. A close friend said that he would not talk to me in that span of time for not accepting his last-minute invite to go out last Tuesday night. I had to decline because I promised my mom that I would shop for the ingredients for the Spaghetti.
4 comments:
kumakain kaya si bebybi karlo ng chicharon.. lol :)
--- --
he is so cute as in.. hay.. high school crush..
--- --
ano ito 24 the series.. ikaw na ba si david palmer?
Hala. Naku sorry pareho tayo ng blog entry for today. Hindi ko alam na ganito rin pala format mo. Ehehe.
@mugen: Aw. Kahapon ko pa po ito post! Lol. :P
Pero ayos lang. Naaliw nga ako nung nabasa ko ung post niyo kanina. ^^
@davenport: Hmmm. Sige ipapatanong ko kung kumakain si beybi Carlo ng chicharon para sa'yo. Ahaha. Ngayon naniniwala na ako ng patay na patay ka talaga sa kanya. Lol.
Post a Comment