Saturday, April 19, 2008

winter solstice (what's the hardest thing to do?)

Then again it's not winter. We don't even do winter here.

But it does feel like I'm having one of the longest nights in my life. Still. Having. So I thought it best that I take this time to immerse myself in the clarity that the night offers.

I am fine. Melancholy is just second-nature to me. Though why I need to broadcast this is beyond my comprehension. Oh, possibly for the drama and attention. I don't know.

I am fine. So I'll probably be back this evening. Or perhaps, tomorrow. Or after three months (when everything's back in status quo). As soon as I'm better than fine.

Hopefully it won't take long. As I don't know how I would endure not being able to express my thoughts. I would implode.

Expression. Oh, the irony!

(It's time to re-learn how to bottle it up.)

Cheers!

*******

And so you'd know -

To have a moment with you
I am ready to run for
Seventeen miles and two.
- I Wanna Fly Looking In Your Eyes (working title of the poem I never got to finish)

6 comments:

N said...

winter solstice? being cold? down? depressed?

it's summer mak! get up and enjoy the sun! =) summer is not the season to be depressed...

PS: I wanted to comment kanina umaga but then the comment link is disabled. I already forgot what I would have said kanina...

KRIS JASPER said...

sweet yung last lines mo...

MakMak said...

@white: Hm. Winter Solstice - longest day or night of the season. I think. Pero you gave a new, somewhat related definition din naman. :)

Though hindi po ako depressed. I just needed a break from this.

Summer ain't my season. I prefer rainy days when I can cozy up in my bedroom.

Salamat kuya.

MakMak said...

@kris jasper: Huwaw. Thanks Kris. It was meant to be sweet. And pristine. ^^

N said...

@mak: yeah i know the technical meaning of winter solstice.hehe but basing on your post i have made a connotation out of it - "winter", cold, long nights, and it could well characterize a season of hibernation to be with one's self often caused by some depressing experiences; "solstice", peak, zenith...so just connect the two hehe

nag-explain pa talaga ako =)

but as you said, you're not depressed.

MakMak said...

@white: For your lengthy comment, my reply would be: Yes. Lol.

Wow. You're smart. ^^