This morning I was ranting on how overly tan I've become since coming here to the States. I might as well say goodbye to rosy skin and say hello to bling blings because I'm going ghetto.
However, just as I was halfway through the video that I'm supposed to carefully listen to but I'm not as I'm busy doing something totally unrelated to work, I noticed that my skin color has changed from roasted to jaundice-like. And it really freaked me out.
I could clearly remember Aladdin saying, in his slightly-thick Turkish accent, "do not drink the water in the fountain. There has been a contamination in the uptown area so it's not safe to drink from it for at least the next few days."
This he said as I was about to go home. When I have already drank about half-a-liter of water from the said fountain.
I wasn't that concerned at first because I've always believed that I have a strong immune system. I rarely get sick. I'm like Wolverine, minus the claws and the regenerative powers and the hair. As far as I can recall, the last time that I got really sick was way back in second grade. I had this high fever and I was dreaming that I was Mario and this huge bullet-shaped cannonball, you know the one that appears from either edge of the screen, was after me. And I was in stage 8-2. That's my sickness barometer - if I dream of anything Mario-related then I'm most probably unwell.
But I haven't had that dream. And I'm really feeling okay except that I'm famished. I haven't had lunch yet. And I don't think I will as the cafeteria, as well as all the restaurants including fast food stores in the area, has been ordered to close down for the day. I think it's terrific that they're all this concerned about health and all but a few germs won't kill them. Well at least, I think it won't. Back in the Philippines, a crisis like this would probably be taken lightly, if not ignored. I guess we're just built tougher.
So I must either be hallucinating or the building has the most terrible lighting. Either way, it's going to be Coca Cola from now until I get home.
12 comments:
what happened to you? are you sick?
uy, baka magka diabetes ka?
I wonder if water refilling station is a good business there...
Awww.. Just get a case of bottled water from Walmart or any grocery store near you and just keep 'em in the fridge. It's cheap anyways and at least you're sure it's clean water diba =)
@white: Hindi naman po. Just hungry. And tired.
@kris jasper van dyke: Aw. Hindi naman po. :) 1 Coke a day lang ang gawin kong intake. Isang sip every three hours siguro pwede na. :P
@neil camhalla: Hmmm. Not quite sure because most Americans drink and use tap water. Sa atin lang naman OA na bottled or mineral water yung ginagamit.
hahaha anu naman kuneksyon ni mario?!
i guess walang masama maniwala dun... as long as okay ka yun ang mahalaga
@karen: Thing is, Walmart's like a thousand miles from my place. And I wouldn't walk that far, not for a few bottles of water (that I have to carry on my way home). Lol.
There's a Target nearby though but I don't know why I never bothered to buy me some water. :P
@odin hood: Ahaha. I don't know what's with Mario pero talagang kapag nagkakalagnat talaga ako ng mataas nung bata ako lagi kong napapanaginipan yun.
Yun bang stage na nasa barko ako na lumilipad. Tapos me cannonballs all around. Eheheh. ^^,
Yep, I think I'm alright. Thanks.
nako kuya, may bottled water naman jan malamang.
wag pabayaan ang sarili ha, pag nagkasakit ka may palo ka sa pwet paguwi mo! heheheh
@cedeux: Aw. May sakit na nga ako papaluin mo pa ako. Hmpft. T_T
Nabili na ako yesterday ng isang dosenang mineral water po.
Post a Comment