10. JUST FRIENDS [Ryan Reynolds, Amy Smart]I really didn't get the romantic part in this romantic comedy. The drama between Amy Smart and Ryan Reynolds just didn't do anything for me, at all. Theirs is the oldest in the world. However, Reynolds with Anna Faris - this duo provided legitimate laughs. Most especially Faris. Her slapstick humor is just downright hilarious. "Sorry if I'm not the most boring person ever!" You said it girl.
09. JURASSIC PARK [Sam Neill, Jeff Goldblum, Laura Dern]I love dinosaurs. I grew up wanting a Stegosaurus for a pet. So when we were tasked to submit a reaction paper after watching the advanced screening of Jurassic Park back in grade school, I ended up raving about how awesome the movie was with all the Velociraptors and the terrifying T-Rex running around chasing the characters. Though I also ranted on how big of a jerk the creators of the park were for meddling with Creation. Geek much? Just imagine my delight when I stepped foot in the National Museum of Natural History. It was an all-time high.
08. THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA [Anne Hathaway, Meryl Streep]This reminds me of Ugly Betty. Or is it the other way around? In any case, Meryl Streep managed to turn a rather formulaic story into one of the classiest and most entertaining movie of 2006. It was effortless on her part to portray a first-grade b*tch. And Anne Hathaway is just so pretty. Sigh. This made me want to pursue an executive assistant role in a similar industry. Just for the perks.
07. PRINCE CHARMING [Christina Applegate, Sean Maguire]I have but a vague recollection of what the movie is all about but I'm sure there's a frog involved. Kate And Leopold keeps on popping up whenever I try to recall a scene from the movie. Anyway, you can't go wrong with a fairy tale. And Sean Maguire. Cute. I think he was the only reason I didn't sleep through the film.
06. EVER AFTER: A CINDERELLA STORY [Drew Barrymore, Anjelica Huston]Fairy tales are timeless, and I can safely assert that this retelling of Cinderella is as romantic and satisfying as the original. The entire cast is just superb. And I believe that this is one of the finest performances of Drew Barrymore ever. The movie celebrates the power of true love and it shows that dreams do come true.
05. LABYRINTH [David Bowie, Jennifer Connelly]It's only like the biggest congregation of Sesame Street muppets plus a cast of three humans - David Bowie, Jennifer Connelly and well, the baby. The film's story is really targeted to appeal to really young kids but the movie itself is visually impressive for its era.
04. BEAUTY AND THE BEAST [Belle, Beast]Beauty And The Beast really lives up to being a "tale as old as time". I remember watching the film back in grade school, and now as an adult, I could say that it hasn't lost its luster. It still is the best Disney film in my opinion. The scenes are just so remarkably beautiful and the score is just as spectacular. And the ballroom number - just brilliant. It makes me go aw.
03. THE NEVER-ENDING STORY [Barret Oliver, Noah Hathaway]The Never-Ending Story is one of the first films I've ever seen back when Betamax was cool. And even back then, I've already regarded it as a fanciful and thoroughly engaging classic. The film was based on a book of the same title, which I've been hunting down for ages. I think there's one in Powerbooks but it's a children's edition. I want one much like the book in the movie - the one with the snake insignia on the cover. Then perhaps I can also be transported to Fantasia. And meet Atreyu.
02. COYOTE UGLY [Piper Perabo, Adam Garcia]Fierce. The movie is just so fierce. And not because Tyra's there. The story did not even live up to being an "intoxicating sexy comedy" as billed. It was the good selection of songs used throughout the film that saved this from being sent straight to DVDs instead of the big screen. LeAnn Rimes is just fierce in here.
01. MEAN GIRLS [Lindsay Lohan]I love Lindsay Lohan. And Rachel McAdams too. But more so on Lindsay. Many would dismiss it as another teeny-bopper movie, and they're right. But here's the thing, the movie could have been awful but it wasn't. I believe that it is a rather realistic adaptation of how sensational high school is. And this should probably be credited to the dark humor of the screenplay provided by Tina Fey. Definitely one that'll go into the must-see films category. I love Lindsay Lohan. Even if Perez Hilton disses her so badly. Yeah, Perez Hilton sucks.
8 comments:
hmmmm never heard of number 7.... parang gusto ko mapanood
@odin hood: Nuod lang. Maganda. Well, para saken. Hehehe.
@mak - interesting list. :) though I watched 6 out of 10 in your list.
The best movie for me, well, at least more memorable than others, is Gone With The Wind hehe
so fetch! hahaha
@white: Tenks tenks. Panuorin mo na yung 4 pa na nde mo pa napapanuod. Ehehe.
Gone With The Wind - nde pa po ako napapanganak, ata. :P
Pero I've heard maganda nga po yun.
@ced: Stop saying fetch. It's not gonna happen! Lol.
@mak - Gone With The Wind, 1939 movie, starring Vivien Leigh as Scarlett O'Hara; based on the novel by Margaret Mitchell; first watched it in my 3rd high school literature class :)
@white: Wow. Sa tingin ko nde mo talaga fave yan. Wikipedia? Lol. Joke. :)
Post a Comment