Sunday, February 8, 2009

lovebug: 14 days to love (day 8)

LIKE A CLOUD FULL OF RAIN SHOULDN'T HANG IN THE SKY


You don't need instructions on how to read this, or do you?

-----Original Message-----
From: S
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 4:59 PM
To: B
Subject: Re: Wee!


Yep, yep, I know! Ü Didn't mean to imply na di ka busy. We have time to do both naman. Puwede ka ng umuwi in 2 minutes! Ü

-----Original Message-----
From: B
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 4:51 PM
To: S
Subject: Re: Wee!

Wah! Busy din ako no... :(

-----Original Message-----
From: S
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 4:49 PM
To: B
Subject: Re: Wee!

Hahahaha! Ü Ako busy, pero may time pa for philosophical thinking. I like philosophy!

-----Original Message-----
From: B
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 4:44 PM
To: S
Subject: Re: Wee!


Hahaha. Yup! Ü It was so interesting na hindi ko namalayan na malapit na uwian. Haha. It's always fun discussing things with people who have something to say.

-----Original Message-----
From: S
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 4:31 PM
To: B
Subject: Re: Wee!

Actually, that's an apt analogy. Ü And the conclusion's right, as well. When love comes in... anything can happen. Ü Wee! What an interesting discussion, B! Hahaha. Ü

-----Original Message-----
From: B
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 4:27 PM
To: S
Subject: Re: Wee!

That's true. I mean, we will be most compatible with persons who are, for the most part, like ourselves. Who can better understand an Upper East Sider than another Upper East Sider, right? Hahaha. Sorry, I can't think of a witty analogy. :P

But those are just ideals. They get thrown out the window, most of the time, when "love" comes in. Haha.

-----Original Message-----
From: S
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 4:07 PM
To: B
Subject: Re: Wee!

Cruel ba? Oopsie. Ü

I agree, actually. What I meant was this:

Experience tells me that people in general want to be with someone better. It sounds like it's an achievement, I know, but that's how it works in people's minds, I think. Not only because it's bragging material (so shallow but true), but in a deeper sense, it provides you with the potential to become one with that "better" person. In other words, by being with someone better, you become better yourself. Ü

However: I, personally, believe in the psychology of Matching Hypothesis. I don't know which psychiatrist forwarded this notion, but once I heard it back in college, I immediately agreed. People tend to be with someone their own level, physically, emotionally, intellectually, etc. While people may WANT to be with someone better, they end up being with someone their level.

-----Original Message-----
From: B
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 3:51 PM
To: S
Subject: Re: Wee!

"Or resignation to one's fate." Oh, so cruel. Tsk, tsk. Haha.

Wouldn't you want to be with an equal instead of someone "better"? Personally, I apply that idealism to my friends - I choose people whom I consider to be better than myself in an aspect or two. But for partners, I would tend to look for someone whom I consider as an equal. Of course, maraming loopholes yung statements ko but that's the general idea. Haha.

-----Original Message-----
From: S
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 3:38 PM
To: B
Subject: Re: Wee!

In a weird way, you're right. Actually, to take it one step further: 2 notties together is rarer than 2 cuties together. We always strive for something better e, someone cuter than us, so if 2 notties find themselves with each other, then it's love. Or resignation to one's fate. Whichever.

-----Original Message-----
From: B
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 3:33 PM
To: S
Subject: Re: Wee!

Hmmm... I usually notice the extremes - the hotties and the notties. Hahaha. Ang sama ko. Ü So if the couple is: cute+not-so-cute, I won't immediately notice them. UNLESS, the cute one has enough cuteness for the two of them. Hahaha. Mas glaring kasi kung 2 notties. I don't know. Ü Much like how eye-catching kapag dalawang cute. Right? :( I'm so mean. :(

-----Original Message-----
From: S
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 3:16 PM
To: B
Subject: Re: Wee!

Hahaha. What if one was cute and the other was not? What do you assume then? Ü (I have the same bias re: the other two scenarios. Maybe it's just wishful thinking/fairytale ending that two cute persons end up together, and we wish we ended up the same way. As for two not-so-cute ones, well, keber.)

-----Original Message-----
From: B
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 1:38 PM
To: S
Subject: Re: Wee!

Stray thought: while I was walking back to the office from Starbucks Valero, I saw two average looking persons walking together. And then it occurred to me, how come when two cute persons are seen together, most people assume (and by most people, I mean me) that they are a couple. But when two not-so-cute fellas are seen together, wala lang. Hahaha. I'm weird. :\


Someone so perfect can't be fallin' for me.
- LeAnn Rimes, Nothin' 'Bout Love Makes Sense

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll go with "Or resignation to one's fate" for $2000! =)

MakMak said...

@spanky: Tsk, tsk. You're bad.