
01. I HATE THIS PART, The Pussycat Dolls
Gotta talk to you now 'fore we go to sleep. But will we sleep once I tell you what's hurting me?
02. DREAMING WITH A BROKEN HEART, John Mayer
When you're dreaming with a broken heart the waking up is the hardest part.
03. LONG DISTANCE, Brandy
There's only so many songs that I can sing to pass the time and I'm runnin' out of things to do to get you off my mind.
04. I CAN'T BREAK IT TO MY HEART, Delta Goodrem
Is it just me, did I commit a crime? I won't believe that loving you is just a waste of time. Or was it in my head, I'm reading into things that you never said?
05. I REMEMBER, Keyshia Cole
I remember when I walked out. I remember when I screamed, I hated you. But somehow deep inside still lovin' you. Sad and lonely.
06. BLUE EYES BLUE, Eric Clapton
'Cause you were only playing. You were only playing with my heart. I was never waiting. I was never waiting for the tears to start.
07. OUT OF REACH, Gabrielle
Out of reach, so far. I never had your heart.
08. WHO KNEW, Pink
If someone said three years from now you'd be long gone, I'd stand up and punch them out 'cause they're all wrong. I knew better 'cause you said forever, and ever, who knew?
09. LOVE IS A LOSING GAME, Amy Winehouse
Though I'm rather blind, love is a fate resigned.
10. WHEN THERE WAS ME AND YOU, Vanessa Hudgens
Now I know you're not a fairy tale and dreams were meant for sleeping, and wishes on a star just don't come true.
11. FEW DAYS DOWN, Mandy Moore
If nobody sees you cry, you can say it was raining outside.
12. SOMEBODY'S ME, Enrique Iglesias
Somebody hopes that one day you will see that somebody's me.
13. WHAT'S LEFT OF ME, Nick Lachey
Now I'm broken and I'm fading. I'm half the man I thought I would be but you can have what's left of me.
14. CHASING PAVEMENTS, Adele
But if I tell the world, I'll never say enough 'cause it was not said to you.
15. RUN, Leona Lewis
I'll sing it one last time for you, then we really have to go. You've been the only thing that's right in all I've done.
16. THE TROUBLE WITH LOVE IS, Kelly Clarkson
I swore I'd never love again. I swore my heart would never mend. Said love wasn't worth the pain, but then I hear it call my name.
17. I STAY IN LOVE, Mariah Carey
And I try to front like "oh well", each time you let me down.
18. SO FAR AWAY, Tina Arena
Doesn't anybody stay in one place anymore?
19. THE HARDEST THING, 98 Degrees
I know we'll meet again. Fate has a place and time. So you can get on with your life, I've got to be cruel to be kind.
20. JUST SO YOU KNOW, Jesse McCartney
And I don't know how to be fine when I'm not 'cause I don't know how to make a feeling stop.
21. TENNESSEE, The Wreckers
I never had all the answers. I never had enough time. But I sure had all the reasons why you weren't what I wanted to find.
22. WHAT HURTS THE MOST, Rascal Flatts
What hurts the most was being so close and havin' so much to say, and watchin' you walk away.
23. I TOLD YOU SO, Carrie Underwood
Would you tell me that you'd missed me too and that you'd been so lonely and you waited for the day that I return and we'd live in love forever and that I'm your one and only or would you say the tables finally turned?
24. WHITE HORSE, Taylor Swift
Baby I was naive, got lost in your eyes and never really had a chance. I had so many dreams about you and me, happy endings, now I know.
25. SO CLOSE, Jon McLaughlin
We're so close to reaching that famous happy end. Almost believing this was not pretend.
*******
The advent of portable mp3 players made it possible to easily create, organize and maintain a playlist. Unlike before when we had to suffice with pre-recording a mixed tape with a list of eight to twelve of our favorite songs so we can listen to them until a new set of singles catch our fancy. It was a tedious job but the satisfaction of being able to enjoy sound tripping on a personalized playlist made the task bearable. It is an art - from choosing the best mix of songs (mixed tapes tend to revolve around a certain theme), arranging it in the most perfect sequence as if narrating a story, and to making the cover design.
I used to have a close friend who was a sucker for sappy love songs. And I mean I-Found-A-Diary-Underneath-A-Tree sappy. I did her a favor by upgrading her taste in music, because I'm such a good friend.
In February of 2005, I gave her a double-disc mixed tape which contains twenty four contemporary songs of love (disc one) and loss (disc two). Its goal was to educate her so she could tell what is good from what was good. She said she loved it. And to my utter embarrassment, she proudly showed it off to our officemates whom in turn asked me to give them copies as well. For some silly reason, I felt accomplished.
She probably still listens to it every now and then. But I really wouldn't know. I haven't spoken to her for, I don't know, the past thirty three months.
The press release: we kind of drifted apart.
Do I miss her? Not really. See, I don't miss. I get missed by.
I'm not gonna write you to stay. If your heart is nowhere in it, I don't want it for a minute.
- Sara Bareilles, Love Song
4 comments:
Once on my way to work I listened to Pink's "Who Knew" and I no longer felt like going to work, it depressed me the whole day...
Nice. Ü
@glen: Haha. Oo nga, depressing talaga yung song na yan. :)
@taympers: Hey Taympers, salamat sa pagdaan. :)
Post a Comment