Wednesday, February 20, 2008

sharp, pointy thingies required


*******

Messiah CompleX lived up to its promise. It was the best X-Crossover in the history of the Marvel Universe. However, it seems the dream indeed died alongside Xavier.

There's pretty much nothing to look forward to post-Messiah CompleX. All the titles seems to have lost their luster. Save for X-Men: Legacy which I have yet to read. And the New X-Men, which sadly, got cancelled.

Uncanny X-Men got even more boring with its attempt to mimic Claremont's early run. The same goes with X-Factor which weirdly, became uninteresting, after Layla's demise. I guess it was her stuff that got that title going.

If there's one good thing that came out of the crossover, I have to say that it's gotta be the re-launch of X-Force.

Assembled by Cyclops (after a careful deliberation as to which mutant/s possess the requirement) to act as the black ops X-team, they are tasked to step beyond the lines that the X-Men swore never to cross.

With Wolverine leading X-23, Warpath and Wolfsbane to hunt down the people on their hitlist, you just know it's gonna be one hell of a blood bath.

No comments: