I feel for you - when you love someone like that it's just so hard to let it go.
Like what he said, you're not the only one who went through this pain. Many people have loved and lost and in time, picked up their broken pieces and found love again.
I had this notion that one should actually have to hate the other person to really get over but I think it will just prolong one's pain. Nothing sweet and satisfying ever comes out of bitterness.
On the contrary, be positive. Smile. Take time to find the things you enjoy doing prior to meeting him. Be with your family and friends. These things will help you realize your worth.
Besides, everything ends up alright. If it doesn't end up alright, then it's not yet the end.
- Chase
*******
I find it ironic that I can give sensible advices to other people (solicited or otherwise) when in fact, I find it hard to follow them myself. But I guess that's the usual scenario.
What bothers me is that I feel like a hypocrite when I give out my words to those who seek my counsel. And it eats me up that they readily accept my suggestions and advices as if I always live up to it.
It's like I'm giving them tips that I can't guarantee to work because apparently, I don't follow them myself.
However, at the end of the day what's important is that I managed to help someone. And what I said really came from my mind and heart.
*******
Regardless of how many times I have been put down by words such as "wag ka ngang tanga" (up to the more derogatory statements like "gagu" or "fuck you ka talaga"), it appears as if I just let them bounce off me. But in reality, they don't. I do take those words by heart but for an unexplainable reason (possibly my being headstrong?) it takes quite some time for them to actually sink in.
But they do. Eventually. Learning is a process and life is all about learning. As a friend put it, I'm all about following procedures. He said that one doesn't always have to go through all the steps provided, and given the chance just skip to the final one. I have to partially agree as there are circumstances that would call for that kind of action.
Call me a conventionalist because I would rather take the whole flight of stairs to reach the top. It might take long and I could wear myself out along the way but I wouldn't trade it over enclosing myself in an elevator and risk missing an opportunity that might be in between where I am and where I'm headed to.
*******
And every tear that had to fall from my eyes, and everyday I wondered how I'd get through the night. Every change life has thrown me - I'm thankful for every break in my heart. I'm grateful for every scar. Some pages turned. Some bridges burned. But there were lessons learned.
- Carrie Underwood, Lessons Learned
No comments:
Post a Comment