Here I am in the lighthouse,Carried by pain
To a place where all lost memories,
Abandoned and forgotten,
Converge.
Such a mystery,
How this decrepit structure
Calls for our musings and
Brings back
The remnants of our trysts
From its dark private corners.
I picked a path towards the rail
Where the starlight witnessed
How I lost myself
In your countless ballads.
And as I tried to succumb
To the traces of your scent,
I could only sigh and feel
The soft kiss
Of the midnight sea breeze.
I realized that you are just a vivid past
Emblazoned in my mind,
A distant star, too far even for a wish.
And all things are but faint echoes
Of the melancholic waves
Crashing down the lighthouse,
Where I lost myself -
Where we lost ourselves.
They,
Unlike us,
Shall go on.
For I can't live in the memory of your song.
No comments:
Post a Comment