Sunday, August 3, 2008

mega

It all started when I nonchalantly blurted out the words, "Sharon is so fat she has her own moon" while we were having desert at Cold Rock.

I don't know how our discussion turned to Sharon, or the moon for that matter but my statement caused an uproar in our group. And while Striker was busy trying to manage laughing while concocting his own line that will challenge the previously mentioned, I noticed that a big-boned lady standing behind Striker was already chanting silent curses, and telepathically maiming us. I'm not sure if it was a) because we were noisy, or b) she overheard our admittedly insensitive, yet for-our-ears-only comment and that she was a die-hard Sharonian, or because she was fat(?). And before Striker can do more damage (he was thinking out loudly of things bigger than the moon), I suggested that we leave the place and find some other spot for us to hang out on.

No sooner than the doors of Cold Rock closed, all three of us burst out laughing once more. "I am so writing about this," I told Jhen as we made our way towards the exit of Greenbelt 3's cinema area. "But how do I write this without sounding insensitive to fat people?" The timing couldn't have been more perfect as I said the last two words loud enough that the healthy girl to my right turned her head. I've never felt so embarrassed (for saying those things) and guilty (for feeling slightly amused) in my entire life.

And to prevent further boo boos, the three of us decided to take our conversation some place more private. Along the way, we noticed that the screen thing atop the Insular Life Building flashes: "Today's weather: Humid and Rainy". Uhm, d'oh?!


We walked the length of Valero and ended up in a 7-11. Yup, 7-11. That's where the cool kids hang out nowadays. Striker was still on his quest to finding a quip worthy enough to beat the "moon" comment. And then I asked Jhen, "Today's the supposed eclipse right". Ding!

"Sharon is so fat, she causes an eclipse," Striker exclaimed. And cue incessant laughter.

Probably because of the pressure, Jhen said that she's thinking along the lines of Big Bang and stuff. Ding! Ding! Ding!

"Sharon is so fat, she's the 'Big' in 'Big Bang'," Striker and I chorused, after which the room was filled with LOLs. Lots and lots of it.

God, we're so bad.

Somewhere in the heavens, someone is preparing to hurl lightning bolts at us.

*******

POSTSCRIPT. I bought three front row tickets to Megathirty for our penance. So Striker and Jhen, make yourself free on Friday.

10 comments:

my-so-called-Quest said...

akala ko nung una ung icecream e isang picture ng autopsied organ. hehehe


pero nakaktawa talaga sharon jokes. feeling ko tuloy ang payat ko. hehehe

odin hood said...

ay mega sa pang-aasar haha

waw nag front row tickets ka pa, she's so big you'd still clearly see her perform from general admission naman eh

hehe

Chyng said...

HA HA HA HA

superbad!

MakMak said...

@my-so-called-quest: Aw. Meron bang organ na me kutsara? Sige nga? LOL.

Ako din, natatawa ako actually kasi parang ang payat ko naman. Hahaha.

Pero love ko si Ate Shawie. Nanunuod ako ng Sharon (dati). :P

MakMak said...

@odin hood: LOL. Nice one Odin. Hahaha. :P

MakMak said...

@chyng: Uy salamat sa pagdaan. Hehehe. Onga no, pero hindi kami bad talaga. :P

... said...

...ang sama 'nyo sa matataba. Tse!

='(

sensitive ako sa weight issues...

Denis said...

wooh sharonian ka pala. fierce!

MakMak said...

@mel beckham-atienza: Aw. Sorry naman po. =(

MakMak said...

@the menace: Ah hindi, maka Maricel Soriano ako. LOLs.