17 AGAINZac Efron
Burr Steers
Who Says You're Only Young Once?
It's an open secret. The only thing that got this film on the list was Zac Efron. Even you have to admit, the kid's really, really charming, and his wardrobe's really superb. I want!
Sam Worthington / Zoe Saldana
James Cameron
...
More than the actual story, a movie's wow factor also depends on its visuals. James Cameron should be thankful that he managed to make a breakthrough with his breathtaking and beautiful creation that is Pandora, the new world in his latest film, Avatar. It is a visual spectacle of the grandest level that will leave the viewers in awe. However, without the lush imagery, Avatar is left with a crude story line.
THE HANGOVERBradley Cooper / Ed Helms / Zach Galifianakis / Justin Bartha
Todd Phillips
Some Guys Just Can't Handle Vegas.
The Hangover is certainly the funniest movie I have seen last year. I was so busy laughing over its hilarity that I didn't even care if it's tasteless, idiotic and juvenile. The Hangover, despite its crassness, is a movie about friendship. It reminded me how lucky I am to have my own Phil and Stu.
UPEdward Asner / Jordan Nagai
Pete Docter
...
It was over a decade ago when I last shed a tear over an animated film. Ten minutes into Up, I found myself holding back tears. While it is melancholic at times, humor is never completely lost in the movie. Given the chance, I always criticize the fact that Carl and Russell managed to pull a fully-loaded house - like, come on! But that's probably my mechanism to hide that Up indeed pulled, or moved something inside me.
500 (DAYS OF SUMMER)Joseph Gordon-Levitt / Zooey Deschanel
Marc Webb
Boy Meets Girl. Boy Falls In Love. Girl Doesn't.
A story that hurts with the worst and smiles with the best. It's funny. It's brutally honest. It's enjoyable. It's heart-wrenching. It is life and love, in its truest form, caught in film. It's my story, and every romantic whose heart has been broken as well. I need an original DVD copy of this.
*******
POSTSCRIPT. I have watched roughly forty movies last year. That's three each month. Let's see if I can make it fifty two this time. Anyone care to join? =)
3 comments:
wow 50 movies!! i think i only saw about 20 last year. it might be less this year thanks to my schedule.
sigh.
love love love 500 days of summer. tamang number 1 sya.
avatar, up at 500 ang napanood ko hehe
Post a Comment