Wednesday, January 6, 2010

for you from me: 2009 last lines

Words that we have yet to speak hold no power over us but let me relinquish that dominion for my heart can't bear to shelter words that I know need be heard.

It may have happened by chance, or by magic coming out of nowhere, or this can indeed be a game that destiny designed for us. Yes, the universe is tricky, and at times, misleading. Though one thing is for sure; life doesn't lay out plans and let paths cross without a reason. As to what roles we are meant to play, I, too, am curious. I reckon that it's our turn again to win some, or learn some.

In your case, I know I'm meant to win and God knows how much I'm thankful for that. You are my person. You are my shoulder to cry on. You are my fortress. You are my wall. You're the one who will be there through and through, and that's pretty much the only thing that I need to know to be okay. It would take all of my life to find someone more there for me. Call me lucky to have you.

You, who made my year quite interesting - from where I stand now, I can look back, smile and appreciate what I've been through. It was a beautiful mess. No one taught me about love or life but I learned a lot each moment that I flew. Yes, for in coffee city I borrowed heaven, with you. While the most important thing has already been said and everything is pretty much back in order, humor me - have you ever wondered what we could have been if you'd only let me?

There's still much to say, but once again, I find myself lost for words. Perhaps, some other time; some other entry. For now, let these be unspoken no more.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eloquently written. Fading effect seem almost perfect. '2009 last lines' is a blast. Applause, applause.

... despite the power of I'm Yours that Jason Mraz casted on you. LOL Hahaha, peace!

MakMak said...

@goodie: Hahaha. =P

citybuoy said...

the little bits of lyric weaved into this post is delightful. summer sunshine was especially enchanting. :D

MakMak said...

@citybuoy: Thanks, Nyl. =) I find the lines I interjected quite appropriate.