Friday, January 1, 2010

one minute: 2009 year in blogging

A year's worth of adventure, immortalized through One, summarized in an article readable in under a minute, or ten.

JANUARY
He was tired. Sleep was nigh. In his mind, thoughts ran like a string of prayer for him to be able to lay right then and there and magically wake up safe, whole, unbroken. The moment couldn't have been any more perfect for all of those things to sink in and be emotional.
- In Praise Of The Vulnerable Mak (Epilogue)

FEBRUARY
Some people say that friends shouldn't fancy each other. But who can blame Chris for falling for his best friend? There's always that big chance for a circumstance like this to happen. It's perfectly logical if you think about it. Who is in the better position to love someone other than the person whom someone has an affinity to begin with, a person whom someone has spent countless hours growing up and learning things with, a person whom someone has shared bouts of laughter and tears with, a person who has selflessly cared for that someone day in and day out?
- Lovebug: 14 Days To Love (Day 2)

MARCH
Life is a video game.
- It Always Ends In A Game Over

APRIL
But if all else fail, would I pray that I'm built to not break should gravity prove stronger and there's a lack of open arms to cushion the fall? Or would I just watch myself crack and bleed, to feel?
- Easter Egg

MAY
I maybe lost and my life maybe mechanical right now but in due time I'll be able to find myself again; and perhaps then, I'll be found.
- The One That I Want

JUNE
Forward, the boat moves again. Somewhere farther than it looks, there's a lighted enclave. It took some time but you now know you were never lost. Realizations always take time. And like how the darkness turned everything into nothing, fear made you blind and oblivious to the wonders of traveling by boat at night in the waters of Puerto Galera. In the last few minutes you let go, trusting that the boat will soon be ashore.
- Traveling By Boat At Night In The Waters Of Puerto Galera

JULY
It surprises me how much memory is built around things unnoticed at the time it was formed. Truly, walking takes my mind farther than where the feet can take me. In as much as it lets me relive memories, walking grants me a unique sense of level-headedness in dealing with them; for memories can be crippling - holding on too tightly makes us so used to seeing shades of gray that we tend to be blind to the better and brighter things that are in front of us.
- I'm Lost But I'm Hopeful

AUGUST
It's time I'm won back.
- Side Effects

SEPTEMBER
Tonight, I want to say the saddest lines but I don't think I can. Not when I know that no one's listening.
- Everblue

OCTOBER
Caught in a flurry of flight and fight. But I shall keep on telling you that I'm alright, and I'm okay (thinking that by repeating it over and over, somewhere down the line, I will be; or you'll know that I'm really not). But if you only knew what's in the back of my mind. You were supposed to save me.
- What You Did Last Summer

NOVEMBER
I want to know.
- Love?

DECEMBER
And for what it's worth, it was a reassurance that despite the chaos that is 2009, to deserve all these, I must have been a really good boy.


*******

POSTSCRIPT. I take back what I said. I did write a lot of good stuff this year.

6 comments:

engel said...

Tonight, I want to say the saddest lines but I don't think I can. Not when I know that no one's listening.

-Brings back sad memories. Nice line though.

Anonymous said...

New header, and the face is back! Happy 2010!

Anonymous said...

hehe ganda ng summary mo ah, dami magagandang nagyari sa buhay mo Mak

MakMak said...

@engel: Same here. Whenever I read my past entries, it never fails to bring back memories. Must've written it too well. Hahaha. =P

Thanks, Engel!

MakMak said...

@goodboi: Yes! Just in time for the new year. So I think I might need a new face as well. Right? =)

MakMak said...

@thecurioscat: Haha. Ikaw naman, hindi ba puro drama yung naka-link/nakasulat? =P Emo. Emo. Emo. Haha.