To jump start 2010, the team scheduled the first in the long list of activities planned for the year this weekend. Saturday was supposed to be Enchanted Kingdom day. "Supposed" being the operative word. Due to a last minute fortuitous event, I had to send a text blast last night to inform everyone that we'll be moving the said event to a latter date. But that wasn't the most difficult part. Because really, what could be more difficult than to face the realization that all the time spent and effort given into planning the whole thing was laid to waste?
Handling logistics is a nightmare. People, on the other hand, are much more so. While I revel in the fact that I do love setting up these kind of things, be it a simple dinner date, a grand reunion, or a five-day getaway - I am inclined to feel slightly hesitant at times to accept the responsibility. Being in charge means I am tasked to do the inviting myself and with this, I am opening up myself to a world of hurt, and that is rejection. Perhaps, I am indeed afraid of it. But who isn't? Mahirap mag-plano. You really wouldn't take on the role if the people concerned are the ones whom you hardly give a damn about. You do this for the people whom you want to see happy and pleased. You exert effort because you care.
For now, I shall let my hurt speak. If people are just going to say no, they might as well say it right away so I can devote my energy to the things that matter because last-minute cancellations and what not are the worst that anyone can do in my book. I know it is a rather myopic point of view but I am imperfect; and until the day I become numb or indifferent, expect me to whine every once in a while. I am human. Frustration can still get the best of me.
Time and effort - two things that I invest on people who matter. It's sad to see them wasted. Maybe next time I'll take the back seat and let them do the planning.
9 comments:
awww... kaya pala naging pamper yourself day nalang sya... hehehe mahirap talaga kung ikaw ang nagpplano..
i feel you. i've organized two parties for balikbayan friends.
both were not attended by the people the parties were intended for.
Dude, before anything else, you should have prepared for the worst to happen. Or the frustration may just be about not having enough contingency plans.
Frustration seems inappropriate in this matter. And I feel smarter this time, you'd better take note. For T+1, isn't it? ;)
@goodboi: Dude, no matter how prepared you are, it's inevitable to feel slightly bad when these kind of things happen. Come on.
I don't make contingency plans. Para lang yan dates - when you ask someone out, you don't ask another person for back up just in case the first one won't push through. When I organize things like this, I make sure that my schedule is clear of conflicting events. =)
Anyway, it's so yesterday. Haha.
Remind me, what's with T+1? Hmmm....
See? I feel smarter! And you are smart enough to get it (even if you are not aware of it, haha).
And the example you just came up with is also very inappropriate. I am not referring to that kind of contingency plan! I meant, try to find something to do if one doesn't push through, In this way, at least, you're not gonna be left without anything to do.
Key words: PROTECT YOUR ASS!
To refresh you, T+1 is a time series notation.
This is a total laughter, I must say. Hahahaha
@goodboi: I know I'm smart but it doesn't mean that I can read your mind because I can't get anything out of the vagueness that is your comment. Haha.
My analogy is very much appropriate. =) I'm standing by it! But I do get what you mean and I really don't consider it as a contingency plan because contingency plans are pretty much made simultaneously with the original plan. But not to worry, I did get to accomplish a lot last Saturday.
On your key point: Hahaha. I'm not even going to make a comment on it! Hahaha. So easy. Hahahaha.
I know that it's a time notation but what do you mean by "For T+1..."? =|
Don't leave me sipping an invisible straw, man.
@lazy john: Yep, heart and soul ang puhunan kapag nag-plan ka. Haha. =) Pero okay lang din, I had a wonderful Saturday naman. Me-time. =)
@engel: Yeah, I've read about it. Hayaan mo na sila. There's always an upside to every bad situation. =)
Nah, I know how you like doing it. :p
Post a Comment