Tuesday, March 25, 2008

hot, hot, hot... ahh

BREAK THE ICE
Britney Spears
Blackout

Rating: A+

It's been a while. I know I shouldn't have kept you waiting. But I'm here now.

Break The Ice's introduction hints another soon-to-be fan-favorite - a mid-tempo, uber-club-friendly beats layered with so much moans and heavy breathing it tops of I'm A Slave 4 U easily. Her vocals are still there alright - masked and synthesized but still recognizable. We also get to hear a Janet Jackson'ish halt a little past the midpoint where Spears breaks the melody down as she purrs "I like this part".

It would have been the perfect lead single. It's like Toxic version 2.0. And that means a lot considering that it would be hard to top that incredible song. Also, it's hard not to compare it to Toxic - even the music video for Break The Ice is reminiscent of the former. More like the full story albeit in animation format.

Break The Ice is one of the reasons why Blackout lives up to its critical acclaim of being Spears' collection of strongest material. It's just sad that the album has been given little to no attention at all due to her recent personal life struggles. Regardless of its commercial performance, it's still Britney, bitches.

*******

Can you rise to the occasion? I'm patiently waiting because it's getting late and I can't get enough so let me get it up.

6 comments:

N said...

hmnnn...i thought i will not comment na but i can't help it....i really don't like britney and her purring.

Dabo said...

kaw ba ung nag-email na mark e..?

anyway..thanks.. wala kasi net sa bulacan last week..

-- --

i like britney.. kasi everynow and then kinakanta ko song nya as lss

MakMak said...

@whitelight[er]: Hehe. If you asked me if I like Britney in her ...Baby One More Time era, I would have said, "Yes!".

Ask me the same question now, I'd still say, "Yes!" Hehe. ^^

Peace tayo kuya.

MakMak said...

@davenport: Guess what?

I like her too. Ehehe. ^^

blackdarkheart said...

nagcomment ako dito bakit di ata lumabas Y_Y

anyweiz, nagustuhan ko lang si britney ng lumabas na ang im a slave 4 u na video. kinarir namin ng former friend ko yung sayaw na yun with matching kinikilabutan factor pa. Wala kasing dance move yung break the ice kaya ang hirap gayahin sa salamin. hehe.


sana lumabas na to.

MakMak said...

@blackdarkheart: Aw. Inaapprove ko po lahat ng comment.

Naiinis dati si mama kapag pinatutugtog ko yung 'I'm A Slave 4 U' kasi puro moans ung naririnig daw niya. Lol. Pero gusto ko na siya noong 'Sometimes' pa lang.

Wala ngang sayaw yung Break The Ice (wala rin naman ung Toxic diba?).

Me video na po. Check mo sa YouTube.