Jen sent an e-mail to our group asking me if I'm still okay with the dinner treat I promised them last week. This she did while we were talking on Yahoo Messenger. Strange girl. Lol. Anyway, I replied to all three of them that it's okay. I wasn't available for lunch as I had a 2 PM and I don't want to cut our get-together short. We never run out of things to talk about so even if we set our lunch at 11 AM, three hours won't be enough to cover say, the first two topics. Anyway, I suggested that we have dinner instead so we'll have plenty of time to catch up.
By quarter to 6 I was already on my way to Chili's (it has become our favorite tambayan). I left the office early because it will take me around ten minutes to reach the restaurant. See, I prefer walking than taking a cab as the latter is more costly and it would take forever to just reach Greenbelt.
Anyway, Jen was already there when I got in and Jela followed shortly. We ordered the usual. And while waiting, we talked about American Idol and our personal rankings of the remaining contestants. Although we all agreed that David Archuleta is the best candidate to win this season. Also, Malubey has got to be the best female vocalist technically but unless she can show a little bit of personality in the show, the longest she could last would probably be the top five. And Jason Castro. His eyes are just so dreamy I could get lost in it.
As the waitress served the appetizer, I took out the print-out of the poem I was making earlier. I excused myself from the discussion stating that I need to finish the poem before I lose my drive. Lol. But I told them that I'd still be listening and butting in on their conversation every now and then.
I did not finish the poem at Chili's but rather in the jeepney I rode in which was bound for home. I've never felt so poetic ever (that's why I'm so proud of that work regardless of how unpolished it is). ^^
Then it was Jela's turn to update us on the workings of her boss. It has been a regular segment of ours to discuss the misadventures of Roger Rabbit (her boss), whom I have long been suspecting of being a PLU. She informed us that he was in the United States taking a two-week leave. This he pushed through even if the company's General Manager requested that the trip be postponed as his presence was very much needed in the office. It was so important that the GM was willing to pay for the difference in the plane tickets if he were to move his flight to a latter period. But alas, Roger Rabbit is as stubborn as an ass (or is that Roger Rabbit is a stubborn ass?). He did say that anyone from Jela's team can call him anytime for any urgent concern. Come to think of it Jela, you told us that he always drop your calls right? Well, he didn't exactly say that he'll answer it. ^^ What he clearly said was you can call. Shame on you for calling him at 3 in the morning when he's still sleeping. Lol.
And then came in the juicy part. Jela then talked about Roger Rabbit's supposed "family". Apparently he has a wife and a daughter. Both of whom are still "imaginary" to the entire company not like his dog whom he keeps a picture of on his wallet. Aw. Come on! Wife? He's as straight as Beverley Leslie. I think it has been rumored that he had a "business associate" before. In any case, I might be wrong. I'm not that good in detecting PLUs anyways. ^^
As the main course was set in, our chat even became more interesting.
TO BE CONTINUED...
2 comments:
haha this is much better than the gucci scandal news. Lol.
@mugen: Hahaha. Ngayon lang ako sinipag magkwento. Just imagine kung palagi akong nagpopost ng mga pinaguusapan namin. Hehehe :P
Post a Comment