The Jen-Jela-Mak Theory
I'm not claiming that this is ours but for the sake of this blog, I'll name it as such.
In light of the story of LG and TB, we talked about how there will be three kinds of people one will encounter with regards to his/her romantic life.
The first would be someone who will love you dearly but you don't love him/her back. While the second will be the opposite - someone whom you will love will all your heart and soul but he/she will never reciprocate the feeling. For the unloved, it's really hard and sad to accept the reality so it is perfectly okay to hurt and feel pain. What is not okay though is to refuse the rejection and obsess, and bring yourself to new degrees of low. There will always be that person who can accept and appreciate you for who you are. You just have to look harder.
Lastly, one will experience encountering a person in which the feeling of attraction would be mutual. After which they could both live happily ever after. Or whatever counts for an ever after nowadays.
Note though that it is seldom that those three types of people will be the same person. It is possible but rarely does it happen.
The point is -
If you are being courted by someone whom you don't see a future with. Let it go.
And if the the love of your life turns out to be a slut or 'what's-the-boy-word-for-slut?'. Let it go.
There are billions of people in the planet. We are bound to find someone who will love us as much as we'll love them. Sooner or later.
*******
In life it is inevitable to encounter people. Majority will be strangers who will spend but a fraction of a nanosecond in your life. Some will be worth a stare. Others, perhaps another glance. There will be those whom you'll be acquainted with. And then there will be a select few whom you'll be choosing to spend, more or less, a large portion of your life with. If not entirely. People whom you would want to have ties with. People whom you could proudly call as friends.
Friendship, as an interpersonal relationship, should always be mutual. Whether it be in terms of affection, esteem, knowledge and/or understanding. It has always been about choices, the decision on knowing who is worthy enough to be called a friend. Friendship, like any other relationship, can never be forced unless both parties are willing to enter into it.
*******
Due to my recklessness and a momentary lack of judgment, I offended a friend the other night. We have just recently 'met' but I'm already comfortable enough to call him my friend.
This was supposed to be posted that night but my connection went haywire. I'm really sorry even if you say that it's already okay. I'm still haunted by the memory of the incident. And as much as I want to undo what has transpired, I can't. I got too carried away thinking that you also regard me as your friend.
Last thing that I need would be a person who harbors a distrust on me.
It was my fault, I admit. And even if things are really okay now, I'll understand if we won't have the purest of friendship.
Trust has been tainted. And only time and yourself can only tell if it's worth to invest that on a friend like me.
No comments:
Post a Comment