Wednesday, March 12, 2008

the movie quiz (since everybody's doing it...) (ombd edit)

Got this from Jela.

Pick 15 of your favourite movies.
> Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
> Post them here for everyone to guess.
> Fill in the film title once it's guessed.
> No Googling and/or using of the IMDb search functions.


*******

01. BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
Ahhh, isn't this amazing? It's my favorite part because, you see here's where she meets Prince Charming but she won't discover that it's him till chapter three. [c/o Whitelight]

02. I always believed that fear belonged to other people. Weaker people. It never touched me. And then it did. And when it touches you, you know... that it's been there all along. Waiting beneath the surfaces of everything you loved.

03. THE NEVER-ENDING STORY
The video arcade is down the street. Here we just sell small rectangular objects. They're called books. They require a little effort on your part, and make no bee-bee-bee-bee-beeps. On your way please. [c/o Whitelight]

04. MEAN GIRLS
I gave him everything... I was half a virgin when I met him! [c/o Whitelight]

05. JURASSIC PARK
But, John. But if the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists. [c/o Whitelight]

06. COYOTE UGLY
Just for the record, I was only staring at your arse for the first 15 minutes! [c/o Whitelight]

07. "No! No! No!" Over and over! When you keep saying "No!" it just makes me so... Sometimes you make me so... angry.

08. JUST FRIENDS
Wait a minute, am I being Punk'D? Oh my god! Ashton, you really got me! Ha Ha! Ashton! Ashton? [c/o Whitelight]

09. X-MEN: THE LAST STAND
Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, bitch. [c/o Whitelight]

10. THE LION KING
They called me Mr. Pig! Ahhh! [c/o Whitelight]

11. STEP UP
Well, I'm sorry... it's just that you guys talk about dancing like it's rocket science or something. [c/o Whitelight]

12. ATONEMENT
So, my sister and Robbie were never able to have the time together they both so longed for... and deserved. Which ever since I've... ever since I've always felt I prevented. But what sense of hope or satisfaction could a reader derive from an ending like that? So in the book, I wanted to give Robbie and Cecilia what they lost out on in life. I'd like to think this isn't weakness or... evasion... but a final act of kindness. I gave them their happiness. [c/o Karen]

13. EVER AFTER
You cannot leave everything to Fate, boy. She's got a lot to do. Sometimes you must give her a hand. [c/o Patrick]

14. The Christian thing to do? I have been doing the CHRISTIAN THING my whole life! I did not have sex with a gay and try to blame it on Jesus!

15. THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW
Mankind survived the last ice age. We're certainly capable of surviving this one. The only question is, will we be able to learn from our mistakes? [c/o Karen]

16. JUMANJI
You think that mosquitos, monkeys, and lions are bad? That is just the beginning. I've seen things you've only seen in your nightmares. Things you can't even imagine. Things you can't even see. There are things that hunt you in the night. Then something screams. Then you hear them eating, and you hope to God that you're not dessert. Afraid? You don't even know what afraid is. You would not last five minutes without me. [c/o Karen]

17. That's all.

3 comments:

k a r e n said...

hi makmak! i hope you don't mind me taking a stab at your list... lol... i love this game =P

#12 - Atonement
#15 - I am guessing it's from The Day After Tomorrow? hehehe.. di ako sure...
#16 - Jumanji??

N said...

hello makmak. =) my answers:

#1 - Beauty and The Beast
#3 - The Neverending Story
#4 - Mean Girls
#5 - Jurassic Park
#6 - Coyote Ugly
#8 - Just friends
#9 - X-men: the last stand
#10 - The Lion King
#11 - Step Up

Anonymous said...

#13 -- Ever After starring Drew Barrymore