For almost two years now, I've been checking on the blogs linked to mine on a daily basis. It usually eats up an hour or two of my morning schedule to finish perusing each site for updates. Not to mention that if I still feel hungry for more reads, I usually, randomly click on any site with a cute name. My logic states that if the name is interesting enough, it follows that the content would be substantial. Heh.
I find blogs fascinating. It has evolved from being just an online diary to being an extension of the writer himself. It's like Friendster for really smart people. ^^ I'm not dissing Friendster or similarly-themed networking sites but I realized that blogs have evolved to act as a nexus for people who "think" alike. I'm really having a hard time to explain my point as I'm rushing this entry but let me say that other networking sites pale in comparison to the power of blogs in terms of connecting people.
By reading the entries posted by my fellow bloggers, I get to see and live their lives even for just a moment. However, some people are just THAT interesting that I tend to skip to their archives and start from their first post. And then I end up linking their sites on my blog.
Through this medium, I'm offered the best seat to fully appreciate, comprehend and enjoy the blogger's words, eventually enabling me to empathize and sympathize more with him. It proves that at some level, all of us are (or can be) connected.
Blogs like Bom's "My Pensieve.", Jhen's "Cinematic Revelry", Karen's "Being A Kid Is So Much Easier..." and Patrick's "Caulfieldisms", have not only enriched my insights but more importantly, inspired me to be a better writer. If not a better person.
*******
POSTSCRIPT. "Post Hopping" is the title of Karen's entry on the same subject.

4 comments:
I'm honored bro. Thanks!
@mugen: ^^ No problem, Idol! Ahahaha!
thanks blogger brother.
@pat: Thanks too! :)
Post a Comment