Sunday, January 4, 2009

one minute: 2008 year in blogging

A year's worth of adventures, immortalized through OMBD, summarized in an article readable in under a minute. Or ten.

JANUARY
It felt like his sorry came too late. And too empty. He decided not to reply back. He was still mad after all and he might say something that he might regret the morning after. He took the nearest pillow and hugged it like it was the last night on earth.
- If You Think You're Lonely Now... (Bobby Womack's On The Radio) (Part II)

FEBRUARY
It was also around that time when I thought of this question: "With all these people running around the metro, is it that difficult to bump into THAT special someone destined for you?"
- Quest For Love 08

MARCH
For a moment Nigel's words empowered me. For a moment I thought of reconsidering my options. But then again, I know myself better than anyone else. And I know that I deserve so much better. I deserve that kiss on the forehead. And that gold star too.
- The Devil Wears Polyblend

APRIL
It was arid. And the idea that I'm fifteen floors high (fourteen technically) makes me really uncomfortable in my high seat. I've always suspected that I'm a closet acrophobic and I guess it was high time to come out. Especially when you've decided to experiment if your spit will hit your targeted spot on the ground. I pulled you back and requested that you stay put. It's weird but I kept on having these flashes of bodies splattered on the pavement - with an accompanying silly headline in sleazy tabloids. So let's just keep those images in my head.
- Departure: A Good Friend And A Glass Of Wine

MAY
And people have different moral standards. It doesn't matter whether something is right or wrong, what's more important is who deems so. There is no question that we all think differently. After all, that's what makes us human, right? But no matter how different our views and perspectives are, the concept of right and wrong remains constant, or at least it should be. Indeed, the concept does not change. However, the definition does to cope up with circumstances and sometimes, whims.
- Lucid Interval

JUNE
Not when almost everyone else is busy worshiping athletic prowess, ethereal looks and whatever is in the pop culture nowadays more than intellectual capability. More than heart, soul and wit.
- Smart Don't Make You Cool

JULY
There's nothing you could ever say to make me let go.
- Boy On The Verge

AUGUST
It's true, that it is usually the faithful who are most hurt by the objects of their faith. And for a measly bruised ego and lost trust, I get to learn another lesson.
- Freewriting (This Goes Out To You)

SEPTEMBER
Everything is most beautiful when I'm burning. And I could think of a thousand different ways of telling you that I'm burning; burning like never before.
- Hungover

OCTOBER
I wanted to tell her everything right then and there. I wanted to tell her how much it hurts and that I've never been this devastated. However, before I could say anything that I might regret in the future I stood up and hugged her instead.
- Mama

NOVEMBER
Catching lightning is not impossible. It seldom happens but it does happen. More than believing, I guess that one should be in the right place at the right time.
- This Feeling's Like No Other

DECEMBER
Or you could try and listen - sometimes the best song is in the silence.
- So Beautiful

4 comments:

N said...

this is a great wrap up of the year 2008! great! great! and just great! but that August thing....as you have said it, a lesson learned.

have great year 2009, mak. :)

MakMak said...

@white: Oh well. Haha. Great - nice term. Thank you. Now I feel slightly better.

yoshke.com said...

ngayon ko lang nabasa yung sa December mo. Ang ganda. Well said.

MakMak said...

@yoshke.com: Thanks Yoshke. It was a reply to a beautiful post eh. Haha.